You may have picked up on this at some point, but pumpkin is possibly my most favorite flavor. It’s good in coffee, it’s great for dessert, and I recently figured out that it’s perfect for breakfast, too! This recipe is easy-peasy and absolutely delicious! The best part is that you can set it before you go to bed and have warm, fall-flavored oatmeal by breakfast. It’s a win all around!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 2 c. steel cut oats- it’s important to use steel cut oats. Don’t use rolled or quick oats- they will get mushy!
- 4 c. liquid- you can use milk, water, apple juice, almond milk, coconut milk- whatever suits your fancy (I used 2 c. milk + 2 c. apple juice)
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Begin by spraying your crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray (This is important! You’ll be chiseling oatmeal off of your crock-pot for days if you forget…)
- Add all ingredients to your crock-pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve plain, with milk, or with a dollop of yogurt.
The pumpkin eater,