Just a quick post to share a favorite Christmas cookie recipe. Although, I think they’re far too good to only make at Christmas! Hope you enjoy these ginger softies, as I fondly call them :)
- 2 c. sugar + extra for rolling cookies in
- 1 1/2 c. softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. molasses
- 4 1/2 c. flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream together sugar, softened butter, eggs, and molasses. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar to coat. Place on greased sheet pans about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes, or until set. Be careful not to bake these too long! You’ll want to pull them out when they start to crack and still have some moisture on the top.
- Cool on wire racks and ENJOY!
These cookies could make a perfect snack for a certain white bearded jolly man :)
I hope that you have a great Christmas with those who you love the most!
Holly & jolly,